The Saddle Line
A History of the Moriac to Wensleydale Railway
By Norman Houghton, published by the author
62 pages, A4, card cover, 38 photographs, maps and diagrams.
Built in 1888, the line to Wensleydale was only 10.92 miles long and had four stations. At least three tramways carrying timber and gravel operated to the railway, as well an impressive aerial tramway operated by the Otway Coal Co. from their open cut mine. Although of broad gauge, and built and operated by the Victorian Railways, it was very much a “light railway”, and this little book contains much of interest.